Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 3: Storybook Topic and Styles

Topic
The topic of my Storybook has not been chosen from my previous brainstorming post, but rather chosen from my last storytelling assignment from week 3 regarding creation. After creating my own story about creation and man, I am captivated to go much further in depth about this subject with my storybook for this course. Many of the stories I want to choose for my storybook come from the Adam and Eve unit of the Untexbook; some of the specific stories I want to use include are The Creation Paradise, and The Darkness. I believe with these stories, and some others within the Adam and Eve unit, I should have more than a sufficient amount of readings to further detail my own story in my finished storybook.
(Creation of the Universe: Source)


Bibliography

1. The Creation, King James Bible: Genesis 1-2
2. The Legends of the Jews, Louis Ginzberg: Book 1, Chapter 2 Adam
3. The Forgotten Books of Eden, Rutherford H. Platt, Jr: The First Book of Adam and Eve 13-14-15

Possible Styles

Perspective of the Creator. This would be my first and main approach for my creation story adaptation. I really want to stick to the same theme as my last week 3 storytelling post, and by telling it the creators perspective it allows for details of each and every different planet contained in the universe, rather than keeping the focus on just one specific "Earth". I plan on splitting the different sections of the story up by century, following all the different planets each century and tracking their progress individually. I think this would make for the most interesting read!

Native Storyteller. This perspective would be from a native storyteller on a specific planet. I am taking  a "Native American Philosophy" course this semester and have been learning a lot about their spiritual ways of life. It would be cool to think that on one planet out there, there are native people that know the exact truth about the creation of our universe and pass the story down generation after generation much like the Native Americans do now with stories from the wise elders.

Animals. The perspective of different animals on different planets would be a very interesting take on my own creation story. For this style, each section could be broken up into different planets; describing the details of each different one from the perspective of all the different animals each planet contains.

Reincarnation. Being interested in the though of reincarnation, this style would follow the many different lives of one soul who is "reborn" again each time on a different planet. This style could also be broken up by each different planet and follow the new reborn life of the single soul on each one. This style also allows for description of each different planet which I think would be most interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment