Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Storybook Favorites

After reading through some of the compiled storybooks I have found a few that appealed to me. The first being "LSD in a Yellow Submarine". Being a chemist I have always had a great interest in the effects psychedelic drugs can have on the mind and body; altering reality for them. The layout of this storybook was very colorful and also referenced the Beatles. These two things were great for drawing me in to check it out further. It was very easy to navigate and follow all throughout. It also incorporated some Farsi references which greatly appealed to me as well.
(Beatles Blotter: Source)
The second storybook that appealed to me was "Medusa: Victim or Villain?". This storybook was put together very nicely; not as aesthetically appealing as the previous storybook, but much more informative and enlightening. Medusa has been an interesting character to as me I have seen her appear in many movies and books throughout my life. I have always pictured her as the villain but this storybook has a different side to that which is what drew me in to further read what the writer has to say! The point of view from the ghost of Medusa is very convincing!

Last but not least, "Strange Ways to Die". This one caught my attention just from the title alone. I remember watching the television show 1000 Ways to Die when I was younger and could not ever take my eyes off the show while it was on. The homepage to this storybook mind you, is a little dark and daunting, but the stories are right out of an episode of 1000 Ways to Die. The stories are put together nicely and explained with great enough details. The grim reaper point of view adds for an even more interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment