Sunday, January 24, 2016

Growth Mindset




I have never heard the term "growth mindset" before watching Carol Dweck's videos; I must say it was a very interesting perspective of learning that gives the student a completely different view of grades and learning. I have noticed myself growing more and more into this type of mindset from the time I started college. I struggled with time management my first semesters here at OU and my grades reflected it. As I became more adapted to the college environment, I was able to do better in my classes. Once doing better in classes, I could really enjoy them and not focus so much on the grade itself, but all the cool knowledge I was gaining for my future career; I began having more of a growth mindset. I definitely will be looking more into this subject and learning more about it especially because I have witnessed myself grow more like this mindset as my college years have gone by. My goal for my remaining semesters of undergrad is to continue to do the best I can and go on to succeed in graduate school with the final hopes of getting my doctorate degree in a specific field of Chemistry.

(Kitty telling the truth: Source)

1 comment:

  1. This growth mindset just blew my mind. I have never heard of this term either and it is so strange how this growth mindset was working. I am surprised that you are already have this growing mindset! That is really great thing! To be honest, I am more of fixed mind person. I think you will do great in this class and in the future with your growing mind!

    ReplyDelete