Monday, April 18, 2016

Reading Diary Week 13: Datnte's Inferno

The limbo part of Dante's Inferno. I really loved how descriptive this book is and how my imagination starts running wild as I read about this particular part of the afterlife. Here in limbo, there was no sound, but only the sighing from the sorrow of the crowds of children, women, and men. These people who are stuck in limbo have not been baptized and therefore did not worship God correctly; that is why they are all here. All these people in sorrow are stuck in a deep dark abyss. This idea of "limbo" really grabs my attention; maybe I will do something with this story in my storytelling post this week.
Doorway to Limbo, Source
These were the collected thoughts after reading the story entitled Canto 4: Limbo, written by Tony Kline in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment