Monday, April 18, 2016

Reading Diary Week 13 Continued: Dante's Inferno

About to meet Satan himself, I can only image how terrifying this would be...this quote really grabbed me and I loved the style from a diary perspective: 
"Reader, do not ask how chilled and hoarse I became then, since I do not write it, since all words would fail to tell it. I did not die, yet I was not alive. Think yourself now, if you have any grain of imagination, what I became, deprived of either state."
Satan had three heads, a fiery red one, and two others above each shoulder. The right hand one was whitish yellow and the left hand one was black. He had two wings that were the texture of a bat's and chewed on sinners of torture. The three men being chewed in the three different mouths of Satan were Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. Once they left hell by climbing along Satan's body, it was Easter Sunday when they emerged. 

Satan's Three Heads, Source
These were the recorded thoughts after reading the story entitled Canto 34: Satanwritten by Tony Kline in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment